I. JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for planning, development, and supervision of projects requiring intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, processes and machinery. Assists Production Engineering Manager and acts as a coach for Production Engineers.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Investigate manufacturing problems and develop countermeasures.
• Research, develop, plan and direct long-term manufacturing capability and improvement projects.
• Continuous improvement of existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Design and generate forms for graphs, reports and data gathering.
• Provide production planning with process capability and capacity.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction to subordinates in order to satisfactorily execute activities.
• Prepare and analyze reports as needed.
• Maintain and promote 5S activities.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
• Requires involvement with related internal departments and outside resources.
• Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
• Supervises manufacturing engineers.
• Requires some travel.
• Other duties as requested.
V. QUALITY/ENVIRONMENTAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand job responsibilities to perform, monitor, and control the processes.
• Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to quality assignments and make recommendations to improve the process.
• Notify Quality Manager when problems or non-conformances are detected.
• Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
• Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action, and prevention activities.
• Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material.
• Learn, understand, communicate and practice the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
• Play an active role in achieving and maintaining the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires a 4-year degree (in the engineering field) and 5-10 years previous experience in production/manufacturing engineering.
• Must be able to effectively communicate problems/processes in both written and oral formats.
• Must have investigative and analytical skills in order to evaluate and make recommendations.
• Must have a working knowledge of all standard engineering principles.
• Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
How To Apply:
No relocation package offered.
Please email us your resume.
ASMO Greenville of N.C., Inc.