See all jobs in Greenville NC
Job Location: Greenville, North Carolina
I. JOB SUMMARY
Assures product quality to the customer and public in compliance with the Quality Management System. Provides assistance to the department with regards to quality systems and techniques. May have responsibility for an element of the company quality system.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· May perform internal and supplier quality audits.
· Provides training for associates in areas of quality technique (i.e. SPC, measuring, etc.)
· Resolves internal and external quality problems by leading correction action teams and assuring communication of actions taken and planned.
· Maintains quality measurables. Interprets their trends upon the corporation. Initiates corrective action plans of adverse trends.
· Completes and communicates necessary reports.
· Know and understand quality policies and procedures and customer engineering standards.
· Develops customer control plans.
· Develops part/product inspection specifications.
· Develops department quality plans for new products, parts, engineering changes, projects, or other as directed.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
· Responsible for designing, implementing, good quality assurance practices
· Requires some travel.
· Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
· Able to understand customer specifications and quality requirements and translate them into Company practices.
· Other duties as needed.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Requires a minimal 4 year degree in engineering or an equivalent technical discipline; experience in a manufacturing environment. Quality assurance experience preferred.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with outside resources and all levels of internal resources in both written and oral format.
· Must have proficient math and analytical skills.
· Must have a proficient working knowledge of investigation techniques.
· Must have excellent communication skills.
· Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
V. QUALITY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understand job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the processes.
· Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to quality assignments and make recommendations to improve the process.
· Notify Quality Manager when problems or non-conformances are detected.
· Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
· Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action, and prevention activities.
· Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material.
· Learn, understand, communicate, and practice the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
· Play an active role in achieving and maintaining the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
How To Apply:
No relocation package offered.
Please email us your resume.
ASMO Greenville of N.C., Inc.