I. DEPARTMENT JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the maintenance of the Progressive Stamping, injection molding, and aluminum die casting dies by preparing and keeping them operational during production in compliance with the Quality Management System. Also responsible for all machining, welding and fabrications needs for the entire plant.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for repairing, polishing and maintaining aluminum die casting, progressive stamping and injection molding dies to blueprint specifications.
• Set up, operate and perform preventive maintenance on the equipment in the machine shop.
• Maintains good communication with team members and other related internal departments.
• Maintains 5’s Standards.
• Maintain logbook and flow charts on die repairs.
• Weld and restore damaged parts from production lines and dies.
• Fabricate parts to specification of blueprints provided by production.
• Assist with Kaizen ideas for production lines and TIE Dept.
• Fabricate fixtures as requested by Production and TIE Depts.
• Make in-house spare parts for dies and the supply room.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
• Requires involvement with related internal departments and outside resources as needed.
• Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management System.
• Works in an environment with minimal supervision.
• Requires shift work and overtime.
• Other duties as requested by assistant manager, coordinator or team leader.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Specialized machinist degree is a plus.
• Must have proficient knowledge and be able to effectively operate all machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
• Knowledge of CNC Lathes, Mills, EDW, EDM, and programming is preferred
• Must be able to effectively communicate with team members.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with related specialized Die Maintenance (progressive stamping, molding, die casting) training.
• Journeyman certificate in specialized Progressive Stamping or Molding/Die Casting Die Maintenance is preferred.
• Must have proficient knowledge of measuring instruments and blueprint reading.
• Must have proficient mathematic skills.
• Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
How To Apply:
No relocation package offered.
Please email us your resume.
ASMO Greenville of N.C., Inc.