Florence Corporation, the nation`s leading manufacturer of postal specialty products and electronic package management systems, located in Manhattan, KS, is seeking to fill a full time SIS Engineer opening. This position is responsible for being a contributing team member in developing new product designs for the Intelligent Locker Systems markets. New designs will be based upon new product definitions provided by Marketing / Sales, and also through Engineering driven concept development. The ideal candidate will have experience and ability to demonstrate knowledge of:
- Designing, testing and implementing creative design solutions through software control of electromechanical devices in a team environment.
- Experience with GIT, Linux operating systems, Python programming language, and numerous networking protocols.
- Ability to design new systems and/or functionality for sheet metal locker products with electronic customer interfaces and controls.
General Position Requirements:
- Develop new product designs as assigned.
- Build and test prototype product to prove concept and functionality.
- Performs product development activities from idea generation to product deployment.
Specific skill sets desired for this position include:
- Ability to perform research and information searches targeted at solving specific problems related to data communications, database creation and management, and customer specific locker application workflows.
- Ability to learn and "connect the dots" between customer value, product functionality, and system performance.
- Ability to participate in brainstorming, rapid prototyping, and effective validation of new ideas and concepts.
- Ability to make screen mockups and customer workflow samples to communicate product ideas and evaluate the inter-connectedness of systems and user applications.
- Ability to anticipate and diagnose problems with design plans and products.
- Ability to effectively balance the tradeoffs between design alternatives when making design decisions.
- Ability to be productive in an iterative design environment, improving concepts and designs through feedback.
- Ability to be a good teammate, communicating up, horizontally, and down in the organizational hierarchy, comfortably operating in both leader and follower roles within a product development context.
- Minimum 4 years Bachelor of Science degree from a major university.
- Three (3) or more years Software / Computer / Electronic Systems Engineer experience in a design / development environment.
- Experience in a cloud computing environment using AWS tools for customized IoT applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Florence Corporation offers a competitive employee benefit package. Florence Corporation is an EEO and a drug-free workplace