We are looking for a sharp, enthusiastic individual to help us create and deliver our thought leadership content marketing campaign in an emerging marketplace. As a Product Marketing Intern at Florence Corporation, you will collaborate with the marketing and product development teams in all stages of marketing, including research, website, content generation, social media, email, and more. Your contributions will assist us in enhancing the Package Concierge brand specifically in the retail market vertical.
Founded in 1934, Florence Corporation provides seamless and secure solutions that simplify life and keep us connected. Our marketing internship program is designed to provide portfolio building elements and hands on experience, while providing the valuable opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to meaningful projects in a corporate environment.
The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, with the ability to communicate clearly to audiences at all levels (both internally and externally), and take pride in all work they complete. The individual needs to be detailed oriented, have ability to manage various tasks simultaneously, and meet demanding deadlines. The drive to work independently by taking initiative, recommending solutions, and making informed decisions with a sense of urgency is a necessity.
To be successful, our selected intern will have to research, strategize and develop a feasible solution for the project(s) at hand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct, analyze, and present competitive research
- Evaluate and optimize industry association benefits and membership listings
- Brainstorm, develop, and execute long- and short-form online content for social, email and web
- Facilitate product name testing
- Assist with trade show/event prep
- Create communication plan for potential customers
- Evaluate industry trends and succinctly share data
- Compile Top 100 list of keyword combinations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor`s degree in a business or marketing related field
- Fundamental understanding of marketing topics, trends, and tools
- Ability to draw conclusions from research/data and translate into clear, concise recommendations
- Basic computers skills and proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs and graphic design a plus
- Proven strong written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a sense of urgency
The Product Marketing Intern will be located at the Florence Corporation headquarters in Manhattan, KS. The 2018 summer internship will occur from May 21 Aug 10, though dates are flexible to accommodate conflicting school calendars. The preferred position schedule includes Tues/Wed/Thurs, 8a 5p, (24 hrs/wk).
To apply, please prepare a short essay (300 500 words) that explains why you are interested in an internship with Florence Corporation and how you will use your proven communication skills and business acumen to help tell our Package Concierge product story. Submit a cover letter and resume, along with your essay, no later than April 6, 2018 to be considered for the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Florence Corporation offers a competitive employee benefit package. Florence Corporation is an EEO and a drug-free workplace