Energy Services Specialist 3 019-18
by Sharon | Jul 19, 2018 | Careers, Engineering, News
Proficient in multiple types of projects in multiple programs. Able to efficiently complete an energy analysis on multiple types of buildings and Clients with little to no supervision within budget guidelines and Client standards in a progressive manner. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with various types of software for energy modeling
- Good understanding of the commissioning and retro-commisioning process
- Working with utilities to apply for energy efficiency rebates on behalf of clients
- Ability to evaluate energy use, conduct energy audits for savings analysis
- Assist in the production of construction documents for commercial applications
- Apply applicable energy codes for design and analysis
- Ability to communicate with clients and team members effectively
- Make decisions on procedures used during design process and communicate these decisions to other team members
- Participate in process improvement activities and tasks to improve the teams efficiency
- Support the designers under limited supervision in collaboration with the team members and Professionals of Record
- Prepare design calculations with ability to apply engineering fundamentals
- Provide training support and guidance to designers
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to project team
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFIs, bid questions, submittal reviews and code comments
- Review and perform quality control of documentation prepared by other team members by checking for accuracy, scope of work, etc.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced staff
- Ability to use synergies to apply common sense solutions to complete the assigned work in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient
- Attention to detail
- Handle confidential matters properly
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities
Must have one of the following:
- 7 years of work experience in the Energy field or Energy industry
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Energy field or related and 5 years work experience in the Energy field and/or Energy design industry
- 7 years equivalent combination of education and experience
- CEM Certification and 1 year applicable work experience in energy related field
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Energy or related field from an accredited college or university and 3 year work experience in the Energy field and/or Energy industry.
- Applicable work experience completing Energy Modeling and/or Energy Audits
- Applicable work experience using energy analysis software
- Knowledge of required energy codes with ability to locate ICC and ASHRAE code requirements
- Experience in the field of building systems, energy, sustainability, etc.
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time..
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.