Architectural Designer 2 045-18
by Nicole Alexander | Nov 12, 2018 | Architecture, Careers
Experienced Designer that works with minimal direction to perform a variety of technical design activities required to design and develop elements for multiple types of projects. Knowledgeable in traditional prototypical design work and capable of completing assignments within budget guidelines and to Client standards. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Apply applicable codes/fundamentals for design.
- Assist in data collection or field verification including code calls, scope trips, or other items as needed.
- Communicate through multiple media with team members, program manager(s), other disciplines and outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Make decisions with guidance on procedures used during design process and communicate these decisions with other members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials such as reports, travel packets, including stamping/ packaging of documents as needed.
- Participate in process improvement activities/tasks to improve program teams efficiency.
- Perform design in collaboration with the Project team, Program Manager, Senior Team Members, and/or Professional of Record.
- Produce project documents based on general guidelines set by Client and Senior Staff.
- Edit specifications within project requirements.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete responsibilities.
Must have one or more of the following:
- 5 years of work experience in the Architecture field or Architectural design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Architecture field or related and 3 years work experience in the Architecture field and/or Architectural design industry.
- 5 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited college or university and 1 year work experience in the Architectural field and/or Architectural design industry.
- Applicable work experience in AutoCAD and REVIT platform.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in [healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches, hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
- Work environment is mostly in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.