Architectural Designer 3 045-18
by Sharon | Dec 21, 2018 | Architecture, Careers
Proficient Designer in multiple types of projects in multiple programs. Able to efficiently complete sophisticated prototypical design for multiple types of buildings and Clients with little to no supervision within budget guidelines and Client standards in a progressive manner. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Create redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Interpret and apply applicable/fundamental codes for design.
- Assist/lead team in data collections or field verifications including code calls, scope trips, and other items as needed.
- Communicate with team members, program manager(s), other disciplines, outside vendors and Clients through multiple media to obtain necessary information for documents.
- Interface with Program Clients under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
- Make independent recommendations and decisions on procedures used during design process; communicate these decisions with other members of the project team.
- Organize and prepare necessary project/program related materials such as reports and travel packets, including stamping/packaging of documents as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of estimate/opinion of probable cost.
- Implement process improvement activities/tasks to improve program teams efficiency.
- Perform design in collaboration with the Project team, Program Manager, Senior Team Members, and/or Professional of Record.
- Produce a variety of project documents for multiple project types based on general guidelines set by Client and Senior Staff.
- Provide technical training, guidance, and oversight to designers within specific programs/disciplines.
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist with response to and coordination of RFIs, bid questions, submittal reviews and set-up Change Orders as needed.
- Review and perform quality control of documents prepared by other designers by reviewing them for accuracy and scope of work.
- Review and/or edit specifications within project requirements in collaboration with the Senior Staff. (Includes coordinating/confirming specific, specialty, or complex items/systems in the specifications.)
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Designers.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
Must have one of the following:
- 7 years of work experience in the Architectural field or Architectural Design industry.
- 2 years of education from a college or technical school in the Architectural field or related and 5 years work experience in the Architectural field and/or Architectural design industry.
- 7 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Architectural or related field from an accredited college or university and 3 year work experience in the Architectural field and/or Architectural design industry.
- Applicable work experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Specialized experience or applicable design experience in [healthcare facilities, educational facilities, churches, hospitality, retail/commercial design, energy audits, etc.]
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.