Spec. Writer 001-19
by Sharon | Jan 17, 2019 | Architecture, Careers
Experienced Specifications Writer that is competent and capable of reviewing drawings and other documents to write and edit specifications to support multiple program groups, project types, and tasks while understanding the technical requirements of the various disciplines. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Prepare, develop, and assist in editing construction specification.
- Develops new specification sections as needed writes technical descriptions specifying material qualities and properties, utilizing knowledge of material and code standards, construction processes or manufacturing procedures.
- Conduct quality reviews of construction documents while researching and preparing specifications.
- Create and address specification related redlines, comments, and mark-ups.
- Maintain prototypical Master Specification files received from Clients and keep team informed of changes.
- Record key decisions and action items resulting from meetings or other project-related events.
- Work with Design team to be aware of products on the market, assist in maintaining and developing the materials library of catalogs and other information.
- Organize, lead and attend Team meetings.
- Assist in the development of budgets, proposals, contracts, and bill reviews for various projects/ programs as related to specifications.
- Maintain confidentiality of correspondence and documents.
- Lead and implement specification development process improvement activities.
- Organize, prepare, and oversee specification related materials including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes under limited supervision.
- Review select Specification sections produced by outside firms for compliance with Client guidelines.
- Supervise and delegate work to other team members.
- Utilize various office machines to include copier, scanner, computer, fax, phone, plotter, etc.
- Oversee and facilitate communication through multiple media with team members, managers, outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable in architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application and manufacturer-supplier relationships.
- Knowledgeable in construction procedures (means and methods) and schedules.
Must have all of the following:
- High-school diploma or GED and 5 years applicable work experience in the field of Architecture.
- 3 year applicable experience in MS Office including, but not limited to Word & Excel.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- CSI Certification.
- 2-year experience using Master Works program.
- Prior work experience in building construction settings, including but not limited to an Architecture firm, Engineering firm, Construction Management, or Specification Consulting.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, MS PowerPoint, OneNote & Outlook.
- Work environment for this position is in an office environment.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds may be required.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.