Project Coordinator- 016-19
by Sharon | Apr 17, 2019 | Engineering, Careers
Experienced leader within the A/E field that has applicable experience with commercial building programs. This position is responsible for coordinating cross discipline production teams for a variety of projects with schedule, budget, and Client requirements. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Act as a liaison between management and Staff
- Establish and monitor budgets, proposals, and view bill reviews for various projects.
- Lead and implement process improvement activities to maintain team efficiency.
- Interface with Program Clients on technical items in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Delegate assignments to members of the team.
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding Staff Performance.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Maintain positive working relationship with PORs.
- Perform and/or coordinate quality control or project documents.
- Communicate through multiple media with team members, Program Managers, Outside-vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information.
- Coordinate Client/team/department projects from start to finish.
- Monitor, assign and supervise tasks for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Assist with the managing and coordinating of agreements, proposals and other contracts with Client(s).
- Generate the production schedule in collaboration with Co-Consultants, Professional of Record and Program Manager.
- Prioritize and implement project teams goals and objectives.
- Assist with the implementation of key decisions and action items.
- Responsible for encouraging Staff to achieve optimum performance, retention and morale.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Staff.
- Serve as a back-up to review and approve timesheets.
- Perform on-going Client Relationship Management.
- Assist with performance evaluation.
- Supervise project team members.
- Assist with training, coaching, guidance and mentoring of Staff.
- Serve as back-up to Program Manager.
- Assist in progressive discipline actions when needed.
- Identify and communicate scope and design changes to project team.
- Assist in achievement of profitability and revenue goals for assigned projects.
- Assist in Accounts Receivable communications with Client.
- Perform site observations, scope trips and construction observations as required.
- Respond to and coordinate RFIs, bid questions, submittal reviews and set-up change orders as needed.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Must have one of the following:
- 2 year degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 5 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
- Bachelors degree (BAArch, BSA, BSEE, BSME) from an accredited college or university and 3 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
- Journeyman or Masters license and 3 years of work experience in an A/E firm.
- 7 years of work experience in an A/E field.
Must have all of the following:
- Understanding of required codes for this position (ICC Building Code, Accessibility Code).
- Applicable work experience using AutoCAD and/or REVIT Architecture/Engineering software.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Licensed Professional.
- Applicable work experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Specialized Certification in Engineering or Architectural related systems.
- Experienced in Costworks.
- Experienced in Masterworks.
- Work environment is mostly in an office. Some travel may be required
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, may occur.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.