Program Manager 017-19
by Sharon | Apr 19, 2019 | Engineering, Careers
Individual that is experienced in A/E projects that manages, plans, directs, evaluates and improves operations for all disciplines for a variety of projects and Clients within a program. Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Abilities
- Act as a liaison between management and Staff.
- Manage project performance and analyze project data for the program.
- Monitor workload forecasts to determine Staffing requirements to meet Client needs.
- Provide routine project and performance feedback to stakeholders including Staff, Clients and Vendors.
- Conduct routine Program team meetings.
- Enforce Company policies/procedures.
- Establish and monitor overall program budgets.
- Evaluate budgets based on project performance.
- Develop and implement process flow analysis based on best practices within program teams to sustain a Quality culture, improve team efficiency, increase profitability, and sharing of best practices.
- Make and/or delegate assignments to members of the program.
- Hold Staff accountable to project completion and performance of the overall program.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks/issues during project life cycle.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Maintain positive working relationship with team members.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficiency of project documents.
- Serve as a Client contact (back-up to Project Coordinator) to oversee and facilitate communication through multiple media with team members, other managers, outside vendors and Clients to obtain necessary information.
- Forecast workload projections and maintain goals for the program.
- Oversee and monitor all projects within the program.
- Manage/coordinate agreements, proposals and other contracts with Client(s).
- Oversee and monitor the production schedules for the program.
- Perform invoice review and approvals in collaboration with Accounting.
- Manage/oversee development of various tools for program use to create/maintain efficiencies.
- Participate in the fulfillment of the Strategic Plan for the company.
- Lead implementation of key decisions and action items resulting from meetings or events related to the program.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining succession plans within assigned program and project teams.
- Responsible for encouraging Staff to achieve optimum performance, retention, and morale.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Staff.
- Perform on-going Client Relationship Management for the program.
- Perform marketing tasks as needed to develop additional Client base for program.
- Perform Staff management tasks in collaboration with HR, including recruiting, performance evaluation, promotions, and demotions.
- Provide training, coaching, guidance, mentoring, and oversight to Staff as needed.
- Approve timesheets, PTO, or changes in schedules for direct reports.
- Coordinate resources with multiple Project Coordinators to manage workload.
- Maintain profitability and revenue goals for the program.
- Work with Clients on A/R.
- Perform other managerial functions as needed.
- Analyze performance trends to determine training needs.
- Maintain professional skills development and growth, including leadership and management, per BG policies and budget.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with Clients and co-workers.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, hard-working and committed to achieving excellence.
- Ability to maintain a professional working environment.
- Team oriented, but self-sufficient.
- Attention to detail.
- Handle confidential matters properly.
- Utilize and follow guidelines necessary to complete your responsibilities.
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, guides, and coaches Staff to meet high performance standards.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- A leader whose honesty and integrity provide effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Empowers and inspires team members.
- Visionary for future success of team.
Must have one of the following:
- 2 year degree in Business, Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 8 years work experience in A/E field.
- Bachelors degree (BA, BSA, BSEE, BSME) from an accredited college or university and 6 years work experience in Architectural, Engineering, or Construction Management field.
- Journeyman or Masters license and 5 years of work experience in an A/E field.
- CEM Certificate
- Licensed Professional
Must have all of the following:
- 4 years of Project Management or Supervisory experience including previous program management skills including experience with prioritization, organization and planning, and demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverable on time and within budget required.
- Thorough knowledge of required codes for this position (such as the ICC Building Code, Accessibility Code).
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Licensed Professional
- Applicable work experience using BIM software for Architecture or Engineering design such as AutoCAD and/or REVIT Architecture/Engineering.
- Applicable work experience completing Energy Modeling and Energy Audits.
- Specialized Certification in Engineering or Architectural related systems.
- Experience in Costworks.
- Experience in Masterworks.
- Work environment for this position is in an office.
- Work days of 9 to 12 hours in length, or more, will occur.
- This position may require regular travel to project sites.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Click HERE to e-mail your resume and/or cover letter to THIS EMAIL Share this:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Benefits of working at Benchmark Group
· Flexible work hours
· Casual dress code
· Generous paid time off
· Health/Dental/Vision insurance with Flexible Spending Plan (beginning Day 1 of employment).
· AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
· Long & Short Term Disability Insurance
· Life Insurance
· 6 Paid Holidays
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Professional Development Support
· Continuing Education & Professional Accreditation/Exams Support
· Professional Membership Dues Administration & Support
How To Apply:
Benchmark Group is a fantastic place to start and grow your career. The advantages of working at BG extend beyond our attractive benefits package. We offer our staff state-of-the-art technology, a strong commitment to continuing education and professional development. Our culture facilitates interaction with peers and established professionals. Our substantial Client base will enable you to create a diverse portfolio of project experience. We are always looking for people of exceptional talent, integrity and professional commitment to be members of our Project Team of Choice.
Thank you for your interest in a Benchmark Group career.