SALARY RANGE: $58,650 - $76,200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on November 21, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support the Director of Corporate Compliance and Sr. Compliance Analyst / FERC Compliance Manager, with primary responsibility for supporting the corporate compliance program and supporting solutions. This role will perform and monitor compliance activities across the enterprise, working closely with internal and external teams as required. This role supports the design and operating effectiveness testing of the corporate compliance department’s control activities processes. Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing effective training and communications on corporate compliance-related issues and activities, partnering with key stakeholders to build compliance awareness.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director Corporate Compliance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Determine and maintain an inventory of all corporate compliance requirements.
- Monitor performance of the corporate compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis.
- Identify, monitor, coordinate and track compliance activities of enterprise-wide compliance functions.
- Identify compliance control gaps and oversee the documentation, implementation, and testing of the enterprise compliance portfolio.
- Support the management and ongoing implementation of the GRC solution.
- Coordinate audit-related tasks, partnering with applicable compliance stakeholders.
- Lead internal and external audits and regulatory reviews to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory standards and internal policies and controls.
- Preparation of quarterly presentations to company leadership, including the Corporate Compliance Committee and FERC Compliance Committee.
- Participate in FERC Compliance Program requirements, including but not limited to improvements and enhancements to the annual training requirements and quarterly certification process.
- Develop effective training and communications on corporate compliance-related issues and activities, including but not limited to, the annual online Code of Business Conduct training.
- Support and comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives.
- Participate in compliance department planning, project prioritization and administrative tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with varied business stakeholders and leadership, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships, including but not limited to:
- Information technology
- Senior management and business unit leaders
- Internal and external auditors
- External consultants and vendors
- 3+ years of experience in compliance or audit function is desired.
- Technology literacy and familiarity with database systems is desired
- Project management experience is desired.
- Organizing workgroups for cross-functional projects required.
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university is desired. An equivalent combination of work experience, technical training/education and/or industry specific certifications may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulated business environment.
- Knowledge of corporate compliance, monitoring solutions and support requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of data processing and utilization of data analytic solutions.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and regulations.
- Ability interpret and apply state and federal legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and materials with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Possess unquestionable integrity and thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to provide effective advice, guidance and support to internal and external customers at various levels.
- Ability to be self-directed and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and effectively prioritize work in progress.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working conditions and evolving business needs.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships (internal and external).
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to identify process improvements and provide alternatives for team consideration.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.