SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $97,530
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 20, 2017.
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
Coordinate, schedule and provide field supervision for all construction, maintenance and design of projects as well as customer service requirements on Colorado Electric distribution systems.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Electric Operations Manager II
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Requires proven management, technical skills, labor/employee relations, cross functional coordination and problem solving, innovative contractor and project management, budget management, cost/benefit sensitivity and a community presence.
- Required to work with customer on billing issue and voltage complaints.
- Responsible for preparation of activity costs estimates, material requirements, contract requisitions and completion of reports for all distribution, construction and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for review and approval of all invoices related to distribution construction and maintenance activities.
- Provide support to engineering through data gathering, failure mode analysis and feedback on new construction materials and design.
- Provide property owner interface for access to distribution facilities, coordination of ROW damage claims and customer complaints.
- Manage Field employees as well as Office Personnel.
- Work with the estimating and engineering departments to ensure the lowest cost possible for our customers and shareholders.
- Handle Third Party Damages, Street Lights, Line Crews, Service Trucks, Locators, Estimators, Power Quality and CSA’s.
- Must understand the difference between capital and O&M expenses and have the ability to manage the budget between the two correctly.
- Identify processes that will save money.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Recognizes the value of teamwork and embraces collaboration. Fosters a spirit of teamwork, cooperation, trust and valuing diversity, in pursuing solutions to meet COE goals.
- Ability to work with external customers and property owners to resolve Right Of Way issues and customer complaints.
- Ability to work with the transmission supervisor and engineering departments to complete any emergency or planed work on the transmission and/or distribution systems.
- Ability to work with the engineering department on capital and O&M projects.
- Effective project management, planning and scheduling skills; managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- 5-7 years of electric distribution project and construction management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of electric transmission project and construction management experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electric distribution materials, construction standards and distribution construction practices as well as the office side with collections, work requests, turn on and turn off’s of meters.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies related to the electric distribution system
- Available for after-hours call out for responses to electric distribution system emergencies.
- Could be required to accompany line crews to storms in other states.
- Other travel may be required as necessary.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer
How To Apply:
Please apply on-line below:
Black Hills Corporation
We are committed to our mission to Improve Life with Energy in the work we do, in our community involvement and in the careers of our team members. No matter the role you play you will find a connection in your work at BHC to something bigger...challenges that stretch your skills, serving customers and the larger community, and being a part of the industry that makes everything else possible.