Position: Lean Six Sigma Leader
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Reports to: Director – Continuous Improvement
Promotes “Lean Six Sigma” techniques throughout our Kentucky, Indiana, and Corporate facilities. Position to include but not limited to leading and training in the methodologies of Lean and Six Sigma, as well as the facilitation of Kaizen events, including the monitoring and auditing of such events at the plant level. Will drive the Continuous Improvement strategy for the Indiana location.
• Applies Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodology to improve processes or solve manufacturing problems by reducing cost/waste or improving quality and/or capability
• Assists in identifying and reducing "non-value adding" activities. Develops "standard work" for each work area. Prepare and maintain "current" and "future" state value stream maps identifying waste and opportunities for improvement
• Coordinates the Lean and Six Sigma training for all plant personnel
• Leads plant 5S+Safety program
• Summarizes and reports on all plant cost savings projects; assists in compiling cost savings project reports
• Supports plant management in identifying key opportunities that drive LEAN and optimize performance
• Heavy hands on, on the floor participation in all events and improvement activities
• A strong supporter in the cultural change needed to move Lean Six Sigma from a "program" to the "process" by which we manage and drive our improvement efforts
• Mentor and coach to all project leaders, assisting them with proper tool usage, documentation, financial verification and steps of the DMAIC process
• Ability to travel to support both plants and Corporate. Position will reside in Shelbyville, IN, with travel to the Kentucky plant and Corporate offices in Michigan 25% of the time.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred
• Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification preferred
• 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with hands on implementation of Lean and Six Sigma tools
• Analytical ability to assess and resolve technical problems
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Strong commitment to a team environment
• Ability to travel to support both plants
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include: 401(k), bonus program, profit sharing plan, life insurance, disability insurance, health & dental insurance, paid vacation.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your resume via email using the apply button below.
2711 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221
Please visit our website at: