Buck Company, located in Quarryville, PA, is searching for a motivated, dependable, and ambitious individual to join our team as a Welder. This position requires an individual capable of learning the operations and techniques to properly maintain the melting furnaces, ladles, and auto pour machine and keep this equipment in good working condition, welding cracks and defects as needed. Welding experience is required. This individual will also learn and assist with other duties within the melt department. As a member of the Buck Team, you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, 401(K) plan, health benefits, and much more.
At Buck, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Perform operations required to repair and reline all furnaces and ladles within the foundry.
- Inspect furnaces and ladles for wear and defects.
- Repair cracks or other defects in furnaces and ladles.
- Chip out loose sections of defective linings, replace crucibles and repair preheaters.
- When necessary, prepare daubing compounds and apply to repair ladles.
- Prepare the auto-pour machine for operation.
- Transfer molten metal to auto-pour from furnaces as well as charge and slag furnaces.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas.
- Complete daily process documentation.
- Must be able to efficiently work within a team-based environment
- Must have the ability to comprehend instructions and accept coaching and mentoring techniques
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Ability to safely and successfully perform job functions consistent with Buck Company safety Policy
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to all team members
- Be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical capabilities test The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation, and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
LEAN MFG PRINCIPLES
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.