CONSTRUCTION DIRECTOR PROJECT MANAGER
Compensation: $100,000 to $120,000
Education: Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or similar program. Summary:
Established developer is looking for a Construction Project Manager. Candidates must have commercial project management experience preferably with hospitality, multi-family or multi-story projects. An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for career success. Position of employment is based in Wichita, KS. Job Description:
The Director of Construction is responsible for managing the day-to-day design and construction activities for development projects. This position ensures that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. This position works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all pre-construction and construction activities are coordinated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee and direct assigned construction projects from conception to completion.
- Develop and manage the budget and schedule for all corporate development projects.
- Track all spending and ensure projects are completed within budget and contractual timelines.
- Anticipate and manage critical issues, potential problems, and risks.
- Coordinates construction and design related issues with architect and contractors.
- Coordinate with real estate and entitlement departments during pre-construction.
- Communicate and work with all internal and external teams, along with community stakeholders, banks and investors as requested.
- Prepare necessary contract documents for construction.
- Solicit proposals for construction from pre-qualified contractors, evaluate and negotiate bids received, award construction contract, supervise construction and provide administration of the contract.
- Manage permit administration by being knowledgeable of permit requirements, ensuring that all permits are obtained and properly signed off by all appropriate governmental agencies.
- Coordinate and review General Contractors work progress on site activities.
- Conduct monthly site inspections to ensure quality, schedule and project billing complies with expectations and requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or similar program.
- At least 5+ years experience in commercial construction management & estimating with the ability to manage multiple projects at once with average project size being $18 million.
- Successful track record maintaining budgets and project timeliness, and the ability to build and develop relationships with owners, architects, and sub-contractors
- Experience with hospitality, multi-family, or multi-story developments
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202