Classification: In-House Legal DeptLegalParalegal
Local Location: Financial District
Compensation: $90,000 - $100,000
Education: Bachelor`s degree from accredited institution preferred.
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package Summary:
As Corporate Paralegal, provide a broad array of legal assistance to premier financial services General Counsel. Play a vital role in supporting many areas from corporate governance, transactional and regulatory matters to litigation and discovery to the maintenance of forms documents and file systems. Manage several projects simultaneously, while working effectively and professionally with colleagues at all levels of the company. The collegial, entrepreneurial culture provides all of its employees the opportunity to play a meaningful role in the firms success. Job Description:
- Entity and subsidiary management Manage organizational and governance documents, including formation documents, board minutes, and Secretary of State and other company corporate filings.
- Coordinate corporate documentation and execution of corporate legal documents; maintain corporate document files.
- Schedule board meetings and prepare and distribute board materials.
- Assist with public company reporting, including
- Assist with SEC filings, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K
- Manage Section 16 reporting and filing Schedules 13D and 13G.
- Support annual meeting including managing timeline and supporting drafting of the annual proxy statement.
- Manage compliance with NYSE reporting requirements.
- Negotiate confidentiality and other commercial agreements and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Manage issuance of RSUs.
- Assist with general litigation preparation and discovery including:
- Prepare responses to discovery requests and subpoenas.
- Review documents for responsiveness and discoverability.
- Identify custodians, documents and data and collection of documents and data.
- Manage litigation holds and document and data preservation.
- Manage insurance claims.
- Maintain litigation files and status tracker.
- Support various corporate transactions, including compliance with due diligence requests.
- Support compliance with regulatory investigations.
- Other administrative duties and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- 5 7+ years of paralegal experience with a law firm in the corporate or banking group and/or in-house at a regulated financial institution.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build consensus and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, common sense, and initiative and to anticipate and spot potential issues.
- Ability to engage in strategic thinking, innovative problem solving, and finding client-focused solutions.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload and priorities effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks, from the administrative to the complex, and take direction with equanimity.
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to subpoenas or other legal processes.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, bank products and services, regulatory laws, rules, regulations, and guidance.
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202