1031 EXCHANGE OFFICER
Classification: AccountingConstructionReal Estate Finance
Compensation: From $50,000 DOE
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Summary:
Manages 1031 Exchange Transactions on behalf of customers. Works with internal and external customers to initiate, process and close 1031-Exchange Transactions. Job Description:
- Open Exchanges: Handle Inquiry calls. Review Purchase Agreement and/or Escrow Instructions. Type/send Exchange Agreement and Opening package.
- Processing: Process mail/update files using calendar/tickler systems. Monitor time deadlines and closing dates. Prepare Assignments, Amendments, Indemnities, etc. as required.
- Closing: Review estimated closing statements for approval. Acceptance/Disbursement of funds. Collect fee and interest income as applicable. Oversee collection of outstanding documentation as required. Monitor final disbursement of exchange closing statement and return of excess funds. Monitor final disbursement of 1099s as required.
- Customer Service/Business Development: Trouble Shooting: Phone duties to develop clientele and maintain high level of customer satisfaction for existing clients. Follow up with existing and potential clients for increased business. Direct marketing contact with clients such as lunches, cards, etc. Accountability to all monthly and annual goals. Submit weekly and monthly log reports as required. Assist Manager with Indirect marketing contact via multiple marketing tools.
- Accounting: Manage all daily pass- through and savings deposits. Opens and Closes savings accounts. Monitors incoming wires and initiates Outgoing wires. Balances pass- through accounting daily and maintains daily accounting folders. Properly maintains daily control ledgers. Collects proper fee and interest income and deposits same as required. Audits exchange file and ensures file is in proper file order. Process accounting mail daily. Follow up on outstanding checks as applicable. Prepares final Exchange Closing Statements. Disburses final exchange credit as applicable. Submits Weekly/Monthly reports as required.
- 3 Years Experience in title transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capacity for follow-through and task completion
- Propensity for honesty, integrity, and ethical standards commensurate with position
To Apply: Complete the form below and upload your most current resume.
How To Apply:
Please apply online
Specialists Group LLC, The
100 N. Broadway, Suite 200
Wichita, KS 67202