Supports Carilion`s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Serves as a consultant, educator, and facilitator in the department of Education and Organizational Development. Provides instructor-led training to small and large groups. Manages projects that create and implement education plans that meet desired outcomes. Has leadership experience or has worked with developing leaders. Experience in using various leadership assessments and debriefing those assessments with leaders. Certified to coach or be willing to be certified in coaching.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Lead client consulting engagements of moderate to high complexity from entry/contracting through project close - develop project approaches and work plans; continuously monitor progress and manage accordingly; provide advanced organizational effectiveness consulting and solutions
- Lead small teams (1-3 consultants) on client engagements
- Build, cultivate, and maintain long-term client relationships at the senior leadership and / or executive levels
- Bachelor`s degree required. A degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational psychology, or related business degree preferred; Master`s degree highly desired
- 5-7 years of experience in Organizational Effectiveness with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and a successful track record of effectively solving business challenges
- Experience as an external or internal consultant highly desired
- Excellent program, project and process management skills (complexity, high degree of risk, resource management)
- Strong ability to influence in situations without formal authority and move through resistance when appropriate
- Advanced facilitation skills, experience in group dynamics and effective workshop design
- Specific skills may include:
- Operating model / business model, business function design, work optimization, staffing models
- Strategy articulation & alignment, senior leadership team effectiveness, culture & strategy integration
- Change impact assessment, large scale behavior change, organizational engagement planning
Scope: Position will be housed in Roanoke. Position requires occasional travel to/from other Carilion facilities and locations.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations: Prefer project management or coaching certification
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must possess excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Demonstrates analytical thinking and interpersonal skills. Must work well in a team environment. Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work on multiple tasks/projects while meeting deadlines and being flexible in an environment of changing priorities. Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As an employee, you can take advantage of our competitive pay, various scheduling options, continuing education opportunities and excellent benefits.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Carilion is a Drug-Free Workplace.
How To Apply:
Rewarding Careers in Healthcare at Carilion Clinic
Carilion Clinic is the leading healthcare provider in southwest Virginia, and we are building the foundation to become one of the leading healthcare organizations in the nation. With eight hospitals and more than 12,000 employees, we are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate healthcare to the communities we serve. This commitment includes an ongoing effort to recruit outstanding professionals to join our award-winning healthcare team.
We are the largest healthcare employer in southwest Virginia, and we continue to grow in size and prominence. We have premier facilities with state-of-the-art medical equipment, and we have a talented team of healthcare professionals. Our Total Rewards package includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and employee recognition. We reward our employees from hire to retire. Our hospitals and facilities are located throughout southwest Virginia, which offers spectacular views of nearby lakes and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains.
Carilion Clinic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.