CABARRUS COUNTY CONVENTION AND VISITORS BUREAU
Leisure Sales & Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Sales and Services
JOB CATEGORY: Sales & Services
The Leisure Sales & Services Manager will be responsible for developing sales strategies to promote Cabarrus County to the leisure market and to servicing groups as assigned. They will work closely with event organizers to determine room night protentional for Cabarrus County as well as assess services required to enhance the visitor experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates group room night leads for assigned market segments to include domestic group tour, leisure, educational, fraternal, military, weddings and reunions.
- Promotes Cabarrus County lodging properties, meeting venues, and Cabarrus County as a destination within assigned market segments.
- Identifies prospects and makes presentations to 3rd party leisure agencies, such as AAA, to enlist their aid in generating individual and group bookings for Cabarrus County.
- Attends tradeshows, sales missions, and networking meetings to generate room night business to Cabarrus County.
- Responsible for planning assigned market tradeshows by utilizing partner involvement, developing pre and post mailers, and coordinating all tradeshows booth arrangements.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area hotels, venues, and local hospitality partners.
- Maintains a well-informed working knowledge of all hotels, attractions and service providers in Cabarrus County.
- Coordinates and conducts site inspections and familiarization (FAM) tours for planners interested in Cabarrus County.
- Provides group services to assigned market segments to include domestic group tour, leisure, educational, fraternal, military, weddings and reunions.
- Evaluates and updates destination services packages.
- Attends and organizes pre and post-event meetings with meeting planner and appropriate vendors as needed.
- Participate in host committee/local organizing committee meetings.
- Oversees preparation of event materials and welcome bags.
- Provide onsite servicing for assigned market events as needed to include securing volunteers.
- Continually update Bureau’s customer relations manager (CRM) database with leads, account/contact information, meeting profiles, commitments, and fulfillments.
- Manages and utilizes Bureau housing software Meeting Max as needed.
- Assists in preparation and presentation of bids related to services.
- Conducts post-event evaluations and pickup reports.
- Assist with the annual destination services budget.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining expenses as it relates to assigned budget area.
- Serve on industry committees and boards when appropriate.
- Maintains positive relationships with other co-workers within the Bureau.
- Complete all other tasks assigned by the Senior Vice President of Sales and Services.
- Four-year degree from an academic institution or equivalent experience in the hospitality and/or customer service industries.
- Hotel and/or destination sales and services experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and PCs is required.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management.
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing conditions and circumstances.
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
How To Apply:
Apply online below:
Cabarrus County Convention & Visitors Bureau