See all jobs in lexington park MD
Job Location: Lexington Park, MD; Johnstown, PA; Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Immediate Hire/Relocation Allowance Provided
Compass Systems, Inc.
Lexington Park, MD; Johnstown, PA; Pittsburgh, PA
Hours per Week:
Work Hours (i.e. shift):
Starting Salary Range:
High School or Equivalent
2 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance:
MUST HAVE IPC620 EXPERIENCE, MUST HAVE IPC620 EXPERIENCE, THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN JOHNSTOWN, PA, Relocation allowance will be provided for the right candidate. Compass Systems Inc. has an immediate need for a Quality Inspector. Job responsibilities are for the timely inspection of materials received, first articles, finished products and work in progress to ensure conformance with Quality Criteria, work orders, diagrammatic, and customer specification.
- General knowledge of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-STD-001/IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620) and MIL specifications.
- General knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100
- General knowledge of common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimension and tolerance practices).
- Ability to verify measurements to validate part compliance using various measurement devices (calipers, tape measure, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc.).
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings and able to verify part dimensions against drawing requirements.
- Ability to determine additional inspection criteria based on requirements.
- Ability to use the following tools, equipment, or software (VOM, cable tester, pull tester, etc.)
- Ability to perform First Article inspections to SAE AS9100 Standards, customer specification and requirements.
- Determine conformance of parts, materials, and processes to specifications.
- Inspect materials for defects, verify physical properties and size of material per drawings, customer specification and requirements through the use of various types of inspection equipment.
- Testing materials for defects, verify electrical and mechanical properties through the use of various types of test equipment.
- Identify and control all nonconforming materials
- Calibrate tools and test fixtures
- Review materials chemical and physical certifications, test reports, and end of life requirements against specification requirements.
- Document inspection results for acceptance, rejection in accordance with company procedures, customer specification and requirements
HS / GED
2+ years of progressive technical experience related to cable manufacturing and inspection.
J-STD-001/IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620) and MIL specifications
Compass Systems, Inc. is a profitable, growing company offering excellent salaries and benefits. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program including 401(k), medical, vision, Rx, dental, short and long-term disability, life insurance and recruitment incentives.
Compass Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply. Compass Systems` use of any external recruitment or job placement agency is based upon its compliance with our commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
How To Apply:
Compass Systems, Inc.
At Compass Systems, Inc. we are always looking for dynamic professional engineers and engineering support staff to join our team. Our company believes that there is no better investment than the investment in our employees.
We believe our dynamic benefits package allows our employees freedom to dedicate themselves to their families and careers with the confidence that their family is protected.