Position: Transformer Assembly
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 129
# of Openings: 1
Delta Star, Inc., a leading manufacturer of power transformers has immediate openings on 3rd shift for Transformer Assemblers. Work week consists of 4 - 10 hour days from 9PM - 7AM on a rotating schedule. Candidates must be able to work with higher level assemblers to produce all types of transformer cores, including PA`s and series at the stacking table.
- Assist higher level assemblers to load and unload ovens and vapor phase;
- Set up stacking table (which includes squaring, leveling, placement of blocks, insulation, and laying of steel);
- Cut cable to proper length;
- Able to wrap insulation on leads correctly;
- Operate hydraulic crimpers, cutters, brazing torch and tools;
- Use of all basic hand and power tools including band saw, drill press, drop saw and brazing equipment;
- Operate man lifts and fork lifts with no supervision.
- High School Diploma, GED or its equivalent with at least 6 months of experience and or training in the field or in a related area;
- Knowledge of safety practices;
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions;
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. with no assistance;
- Able to work at heights up to 60`;
- Able to work in all types of environmental conditions including heat, cold, dust, oil and vapor.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, and education tuition assistance.
Apply for this Position
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.