Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 212
# of Openings: 1
Delta Star, Inc., a leading transformer manufacturing company is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Buyer/Planner in our Lynchburg, VA facility.
The job duties will include meeting purchasing needs in an assigned area of commodities and/or services, including planning, requisition review, supplier selection, order placement, and follow up.
- Process ERP exception messages and convert to purchase orders;
- Process departmental material requisitions once required approval levels are retained;
- Interface on a regular basis with production personnel to ensure that material needs are satisfied in a timely manner;
- Establishes and maintains business association with suppliers;
- Monitors and takes action as required to expedite and disposition non-conformances in material
- BS or BA degree in Business Administration or Economics. Equivalent experience in Purchasing, related fields or accredited Purchasing related affiliations acceptable.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact with floor supervision and suppliers.
- Excellent computer skills (use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Basic understanding of ERP systems.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life & disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, ESOP, and education tuition assistance.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.