Position: Field Service Technician - Level 2 East
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 225
# of Openings: 1
Delta Star, Inc., a leading transformer manufacturing company is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Level 2 Field Service Technician in the eastern section of the country.
The job duties will include the assembly, vacuum oil fill, testing, and maintenance of transformers manufactured by Delta Star, Inc. and other OEM brands under the guidance our Lead and or Senior Field Service Technician. The primary work setting will be outdoors and will be accomplished during all climatic conditions. Tasks may require moderate to heavy amounts of physical effort and an understanding that electrical safety hazards may exist.
- Perform hands-on assembly, repairs, and maintenance to transformers and our service equipment with limited oversight from our senior and or lead field service technicians. This would include mechanical and electrical connections on or inside the transformer.
- Proactively support the team during maintenance services so that all tasks are completed safely, timely, and with the upmost quality.
- Operate the oil processor and make standard transformer test connections with limited guidance from our senior and or lead field service technicians.
- Assist other technicians with general equipment maintenance and restocking supplies.
- Review project itinerary, work scope, and drawings prior to arriving onsite for a clear understanding of the requirements.
- Maintain your bi-monthly timesheets and weekly expense reports for a timely submittal.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year worth of experience in servicing transformers in the field
- Class A drivers license is preferred but a valid drivers license and DOT medical card is required
- Must complete OSHA 30, OSHA 1910.269, and First Aid/CPR/AED training within the first 3 months of hire
- Must be computer literate and continually display professionalism.
- Must be willing travel away from home, driving or flying, in up to 4 week intervals.
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the desire to learn new skills.
Benefits: We offer excellent benefits including a company laptop, company phone, daily meal allowance, paid travel expenses, medical, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, ESOP, and education tuition assistance.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.