Position: Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 231
# of Openings: 1
Delta Star, Inc., a leading transformer manufacturing company that is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician with a strong background in electrical, mechanical, and preventive maintenance.
Candidates must be able to inspect, repair, install, modify, troubleshoot and maintain mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. This is a 10 hour night shift position which will require working alternating weekends.
- Maintains electrical/electronic devices that provide power for plant distribution, machines, equipment and other gear.
- Uses preventative and corrective maintenance techniques to diagnose, isolate and repair electrical/mechanical problems throughout the facility.
- Uses test instruments, to verify proper service in all equipment, circuits, controls, components and devices to assure proper operation, performance and quality.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with applicable standards, techniques, drawings, and equipment, engineering specifications, safety requirements, NEC and applicable codes and regulations. Is able to read and interpret instructions.
- Works routinely with electrical distribution gear, motors, controls, components, standard devices and wiring.
- Recognizes voltages at primary and secondary levels, exercises proper care and safety precautions when working with all voltages.
- Maintains safe and orderly working conditions/environment and performs work in such a way as to not endanger oneself or fellow employees.
- Responsible for keeping supervisor informed of work-related problems and the progress of work assignments.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines and equipment in a Union Shop.
High School Diploma, GED, Trade School or its equivalent, with at least 5 years of industrial maintenance experience..
We offer excellent benefits including medical, wellness program, dental, life insurance, matching 401(k), FSA, bonus program and education tuition assistance.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.