Delta Star, Inc. a manufacturer of medium power transformers in San Carlos, California has an immediate need for a Test Technician with ability to read electrical and electronic schematics. Job Description:
Performs tests on power transformers, identifies and solves problems with minimum supervision. Ability to interact with other departments. Performs (but not limited to) impulse testing, heat run testing and final functional control schematic tests.
Recognize and complete all Quality Documents. Work from test specifications, drawings and wiring schematics.
Qualifications: Basic knowledge of electrical theory and circuit troubleshooting skills.
Transformer diagnostics instruments and measuring system.
- Documentation, training and Leadership
- Recognize and complete all Quality Control Documents.
- Job Execution
- Perform control functional tests of basic control circuitry of the transformer.
- Perform basic transformer testes including ratio, insulation resistance (megger), insulation dissipation factor, phase relationship, bushing power factor, 10kV excitation , CT ration and polarity, Oil hipot.
- Under the supervision of higher level technician make all the connections for and conduct the following transformer tests: Impulse HIpot, induced with RIV/PD measurement, load and no load, zero phase sequence impedance, heat-run, sound level, preventative auto.
- Assist higher level technicians.
- Quality control and Inspection
- Perform all inspection processes.
- Detect and report to supervisor faulty materiel, equipment, documentation, or any unusual conditions.
- Participate in all quality improvements activities.
This is not an IT Technician position.
This is a union position classified as Tester B.
Benefits: Full benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with no company match, IBEW Pension, Life, AD&D, optional Voluntary Life, Vacation, Floating Holiday and Sick Leave.
To apply : Please visit our website at http://www.deltastar.com
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.