See all jobs in San Carlos CA
Job Location: San Carlos, California
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Manages all transportation activities for the Traffic Department and schedules driver and assigns routes to maximize productivity and ensure compliance with DOT regulations and company rules.
- 3 years of related experience of material handling, shipping/receiving and warehouse experience.
- Must be familiar with basic component identification, part number systems, material handling equipment, and the inventory management systems.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and requires standing and moving about the facility constantly.
- Familiarity with UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping procedures a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Ability wot work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of employees within the company.
- Forklift Certified.
- Valid CA Drivers License and a clean driving record.
- Attention to detail.
- Great customer service.
- Knowledge of AX (D365) system a plus.
Plant and office environment.
Computer, Forklift and Tools of the Trade.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of shipments to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Researches and analyzes freight costs and classification, delivery methods and delivery schedules to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction for delivering and offloading high value, oversize, overweight loads.
- Create Budgets and purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains transportation and distribution procedures.
- Manage daily shipments to customers by packing and labeling outgoing shipments per customers request or specifications.
- Schedule and secure cost-effective transportation of products to meet our customers shipping requirements: maintain relationships with shipping providers and resolve any shipping issues.
- Must be able to handle telephone and email communication with customers a freight companies.
- Work with management, customers and other departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Utilize the computer to assist in determining the status of parts; keep a daily update on build status.
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports and work orders to ensure completion and on time shipment; prepare/maintain weekly records to report status/progress of assignments to management.
- Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems.
- Performs a variety of coordinating, routing and material handling duties to meet production schedules; may ensure incoming materials are properly routed; may monitor the flow of materials and parts between departments in order to meet schedule commitments.
- Manage traffic functions and supervises employees and driver.
- Provides DOT support to Engineering.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.