Position: Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 256
# of Openings: 1
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
As a critical member of the HR Team, the Sr. HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a trusted advisor and strategic partner responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in a designated business unit. The successful HRBP acts as a champion for the business and the employees and is considered a change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with Corporate HR and business management, the Sr. HRBP will seek to develop integrated solutions.
The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Sr. HRBP maintains an effective level of business acumen about the business unit`s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. This position will be directly responsible for overall administration, coordination and evaluation of Human Resources services and support to a designated business unit.
The successful individual collaborates with Centers of Excellence to align HR support with needs of the business and create solutions aligned with business goals and objectives.
Strategic HR Leadership:
- Identifies strategic talent needs, risks, and gaps, and leads the efforts to create plans to develop employees and leaders using talent management tools and resources.
- Drives the integration of the performance management philosophy into strategic business goals/plans that set expectations for business results; leverages corporate system and philosophy to align performance with rewards in order to engage and retain employees within the business.
- Assists leadership in understanding and applying all aspects of the performance management process to include employee development programs. Works with client managers to address performance issues, using the Corrective Action process when needed, and follows up on resolution/improvement.
- Guides managers through continual performance conversations throughout the year, promoting a coaching and feedback culture.
- Facilitates a strong leadership and coaching culture; enabling managers to assume increasing responsibility and accountability for managing the performance and development of employees.
- Facilitates effective workforce planning activities to deliver business objectives. In partnership with HR Centers of Excellence, analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Independently manages, directs and leads the HR team at the site.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Develops, supports and implements company- wide HR programs across the sties.
- Lead, direct and manage specific projects through its life cycle.
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for the designated business unit.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities for Human Resources at the site location. Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites position descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to create qualified candidate slates for all exempt, nonexempt and hourly open positions. Support and participate in the Interview/Selection Process.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Manages at least one (1) or more HR professional.
- Lead, develop and Develops, edits, and or revises Managers Guide to Employment Practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree (Human Resources Management or related HR filed) required, Masters degree a plus.
- 7 10 years of related HR experience including resolving complex employee relations required.
- Progressive knowledge of best practices in multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, talent management, workforce planning, training, policy deign and enforcement, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Demonstrated success in strategic HR leadership with a proven track record in creating a high performance culture.
- Experience with a unionized workforce is preferred.
- HR experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum of 3 years successfully managing and developing a HR team is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of employment law, human resources practices and policies, decision making, prioritization and problem solving, manage multiple priorities, working in a fast paced environment, and organizational development required.
Strategic leadership, Business acumen, communication, change agent/management, interpersonal, presentation, agility and flexibility, coaching, consulting, negotiation, collaboration, decisive, proactive, relationship management, takes initiative, cultural awareness, and ethical/confidentiality skills required.
Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.