Position: Business Unit Controller
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Id: 263
# of Openings: 1
Purpose of position:
As an important contributor to the plant and companys success, the business unit controller will be managing plant-related financial aspects of activities, initiatives, and projects.
Act as the Finance Lead for the plant and the go-to person for any finance-related questions, concerns, or issues
Conduct analysis and develop recommendations on business decisions, analytical processes, and process improvements
- Plan, measure, and evaluate profitability of initiatives and products
- Conduct financial analysis
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with and oversee internal controls
- Capture, analyze, and explain financial observations and recommendations
- Prepare and provide financial reports and decision-making tools
- Partner with the general manager and all operation functions
- Support financial audits and ensure policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards and corporate policies
- Respond to finance related questions from employees
- Work closely with the corporate finance staff
- Accuracy of analysis and reporting
- Quality of support and recommendations
- Initiatives and quality of improvements opportunities
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an industrial or manufacturing context
- Understanding of end-to-end engineering/manufacturing process is an asset
- ERP experience is an asset
Bachelor degree in accounting or finance, or relevant combination of experience and education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Analytical mindset and strong judgment capabilities
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Decision making ability and sense of accountability
- Takes initiative and improves methods
- Curiosity and wanting to learn
- Strong verbal and written skills
Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply:
The secret to Delta Star's success comes from our valued employees. Each associate of Delta Star helps lead our success in the electrical industry by committing to quality and customer satisfaction. See why Delta Star has been the choice for power companies around the world for over 100 years. Come explore a Company whose commitment to quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction truly sets it apart. We're looking for talented people like you join our team.
Please apply on-line.
Delta Star Inc.