KRM Construction Company is looking for an experienced carpenter to join its team in Chestertown, MD. This is a year round position with full benefits. Candidates must have previous experience working in the construction field as a carpenter. In this role you will follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of our clients. You must be able to measure, cut or shape wood, plastic and other materials. Our company specializes in both residential and commercial work on Maryland`s Eastern Shore and Delaware.
At KRM Construction, our business philosophy is composed of honesty, integrity and hard work. Our philosophy is not only to build a quality product in a timely manner, but also to build quality, long standing relationships with all of our clients. With a solid reputation as a custom builder, with a hands-on approach, KRM Constructions portfolio includes commercial projects ranging from small build outs to medical office facilities to large warehouses, as well as stately manor homes and estates, traditional homes in local communities, additions and renovations.
Working in coordination with owners, architects, and KRM Construction, every project is managed to the last detail. We are dedicated to exceeding every clients expectations.
- Responsible for completion of all assigned rough and finish carpentry tasks
- Use hand and power tools to measure, cut and shape wood, drywall, and related materials to specification
- Check accuracy of work with levels, plumb bobs, and framing squares and makes necessary adjustments
- Keeps all assigned hand and power tools in good condition without any loss
- Provides for personal safety in the workplace by attending and completing all required safety training, knowing and following existing safety rules including the applicable use of personal protection equipment, the proper operation of tools/machinery and proper handling of hazardous materials, and reporting any unsafe conditions to respective supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Four years of working experience as Carpenter
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurements tools
- Formal classroom training in carpentry preferred
- Be able to read and draw prints
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. and work off of ladders and lifts
- Be able to work outside in all types of weather
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Employment at DVCC, Inc. is contingent upon the candidate`s ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screening and physical capabilities test.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status and any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.
Technical/other training or better.
4 years: Carpenter
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.