Dixon is looking for a Product Engineer to join our team in Chestertown on Maryland`s Eastern Shore.
The Product Engineer will assist with the design and development of new products and the improvement of existing products. Ensures customer requirements are met through parts design, validation testing, and failure analysis. Will also act as a central resource for manufacturing, testing, quality, sales and marketing. Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering required and 2-3 years of experience preferred.
Assist in all areas of the Engineered Products Department, including but not limited to:
Development of 3D Models
- Troubleshooting, designing, modifying and testing new and existing products
- New product research and development
- Answering technical questions from internal and external customers
- Inspecting manufactured parts for quality
- Quoting and creating specification sheets
- Developing procedures and training materials
- Proficient with SolidWorks or AutoCAD or comparable 3-D modeling program
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings with strong mechanical aptitude
- Advanced understanding of mechanical engineering principles including but not limited to: engineering calculations, measuring and dimensioning, strength and properties of materials, torque, statics and fluid dynamics
- Knowledgeable of quality assurance processes and tools
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, lathes, milling, CNC
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-structured team player
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering.
2-3 years: Mechanical engineering in a manufacturing environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.