Dixon Quick Coupling is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Dallas, NC.
This role manages and coordinates activities of the mechanical engineering team in the design and development of tools, machines, products, controls, equipment, and mechanical processes. Provides technical leadership, drives process improvements, manages department costs, develops employees, organizes workloads, and ensures adequate staffing to support current and future business needs. Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects. Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness. Coordinates with purchasing and manufacturing operations to resolve design, supplier, and production issues. Bachelor`s degree in mechanical engineering required and eight years experience, PE preferred.
- Oversee key projects, processes, performance reports, data and analysis
- Manage, coach, evaluate and train engineering team
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and programs
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects, such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality teams, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization
- Provides technical support to purchasing and vendors
- Establishes acceptable performance and quality specifications for products
- Assists Quality in designs and writes protocol and implement process validation procedures in accordance with quality guides
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and manufacturing processes
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot, and develop effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills (Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications)
- Strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of engineers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
8-10 years: Mechanical Engineering
3-5 years: Supervising & leading a team
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.