Dixon is looking for a Quality Technician to join it`s manufacturing team in Chestertown, MD (8 am- 5 PM). The Quality Technician is responsible for monitoring the manufacturing processes to ensure that all products are made to design specification. You will lead audits to verify SOP and SW compliance, while enforcing good practices. You will also provide quality support for manufacturing and engineer processes.
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans and proudly employ our nation`s heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Make the Right Connection with Dixon!
- Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Corrective Action Reports under supervision.
- Read and interpret prints, specifications, Run Charts / Statistical Process Control charts.
- Use and care for quality equipment and gauges.
- Present Non-Conformance and Corrective Action updates to various levels of the business.
- Provides data for analysis and identification of capital equipment needs to address gaps in capacity.
- Maintain facilities, support 5S and Lean activities.
- Collecting the right data is essential to quality control
- Performs incoming, first article and final inspections.
- Excellent communication skills working with people across the manufacturing process require excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Calm under pressure must be able to diagnose and document quality concerns without delaying manufacturing. Must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly.
- Commercial awareness usually working within strict time and budgetary constraints
- Critical/logical thinking have to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution.
- Excellent computer skills The candidate must have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills responsible for analysis and interpretation of data into charts, diagrams and reports
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills have to be able to solve problems in a new way, seeing past what is established and create a new way of doing things.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
2-5 years: Previous Quality Technician experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.