We are looking for an IT Project Manager to join our team in Chestertown, MD.
The project manager should be detail-oriented, confident, and a critical thinker. They should be open to working closely with all project team members to ensure projects and tasks are completed on-time and within scope. Depending on project priorities, your daily responsibilities would include internal communication with project teams, tracking progress of tasks and milestones, status updates/reports to stakeholders, and removing impediments to ensure successful project execution.
An ideal candidate should have 3 or more years of project management experience, experience prioritizing tasks and allocating resources; experience multi-tasking and balancing time between multiple projects; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools, such as Smartsheet & HelpDesk. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Daily collaboration with team members and team lead to communicate priorities, project status and adjust tasks as needed utilizing helpdesk software
- Identify root problems through strategic questioning, facilitate agreement on appropriate solutions then assign tasks for completion
- Ensure all team members are free of roadblocks
- Facilitate weekly planning meetings, maintenance project backlog, proactively identify risks and new priorities
- Development/management of project plans, timelines, reports, and necessary project documentation
- Lead a cross-functional team through multiple projects with a high degree of confidence, independence, and sound judgment
- Assist the team lead with documenting the needs and translating them into requirements
- Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Problem solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods
- Ability to communicate internally, and externally as needed, translating IT speak to user speak and vice versa
- Ability to lead well under pressure and handle changing priorities
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Systems network and desktop hardware experience
- Familiarity with IT terminology
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
3-5 years: IT systems, networking, hardware
3-5 years: Project Management
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.