We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team in Chestertown, MD.
The Senior Process Engineer provides technical and engineering support to other process engineers. Leads a team on major projects from start to finish. Carries out core functions in the fabrication and assembly of products. Assists with writing proposals, client meetings, and presentations. 8 years of Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing / machine shop environment.
- Drive overall product and process improvements using the DMAIC process.
- Design and conduct process experiments on manufacturing and pilot scale equipment to determine the impact of raw materials and process variables on product properties
- Assures product and process quality by designing gauging methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Plan, deploy, monitor and control improvements including supplier initiatives to drive product and process improvements.
- Utilizes Six Sigma tools to drive product and process improvement.
- Identify and implement Root Cause Corrective Actions using processes such as Corrective Action Mistake-Proofing (CAMP). Participate in developing cause chains to determine real issues and cause
- Provides data for analysis and identification of capital equipment needs to address gaps in capacity.
- Manage approval, quotation, ordering, and installation processes.
- Able to manage projects and provide work direction and mentoring to other Engineers and Product Engineering Technicians.
- Excellent communication skills Working with people across the manufacturing process, they have to be able to manage people well and communicate new ideas effectively
- Calm under pressure Must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, they must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly
- Hands On and Self Motivated At least 50% of this work is conducted on the shop floor and will require a certain level of understanding of machine operation.
- Commercial awareness usually working within strict time and budgetary constraints
- Critical/logical thinking Assess manufacturing processes, document existing or potential issues, evaluate potential solutions and implement best practices to reduce defects, rework and scrap.
- Excellent computer skills IT is an essential part of this role, uses include simulation software, design software and reporting
- Analytical skills Analyze and interpret data and make data-driven decisions, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills Must be able to solve problems in unique and innovative ways. Willing to challenge traditional wisdom to see past what is established.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering or related field.
8 years: Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.