We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team in Chestertown on Maryland`s Eastern Shore.
The Software Developer will be responsible for developing, modifying and enhancing moderate to highly complex application systems in accordance with programming standards and system design specifications. Will also participate as a team member in planning, analysis and design of applications to meet user requirements and resolve business issues. The ideal candidate will have 4 or more years of computer programming experience in Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual Studio and
Microsoft SQL Server. Coding with manufacturing ERP business system and inventory control background a plus.
- Execute application coding, testing, integration, debugging and maintenance.
- Perform application conversions from VB6 to .Net programming language.
- Review and analyze error logs and reported problems. Determine cause of program failures and develop and implement corrective action or solicit support from the appropriate team member to make required modifications or enhancements.
- Perform on-call duties to support of users when required.
- Maintain documentation of code changes and programming activity.
- Advanced knowledge of VB6, Microsoft Visual Studio (versions 2005 Present) and Microsoft SQL Server (2000 Present)
- Experience working with relational databases and source control (Team Foundation Server)
- Knowledge of Windows OS 7 and 10 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DHCP) and Active Directory/user permissions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Adept at problem solving, ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems
- Comfortable working with a team, developing and adhering to standardized practices
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
3-5 years: Software development and computer programming in Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.