We are looking for an Applications Engineer to join our team in Pewaukee, WI.
The Applications Engineer will specialize in our full line of pumps used in the food, dairy, beverage, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and industrial markets. This role interfaces with customers regarding technical aspects of the product line. Provides application, problem resolution and troubleshooting to customers over the phone and via email. Assists with product updates. Relays customer feedback regarding products to appropriate individuals in sales, quality assurance, and product management. Determines best method to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to the organization`s policies.
This role also provides guidance, training, and instruction to non-technical representatives. Possesses a thorough technical knowledge of assigned products. Enters quotes and orders for products. Supports Customer Service Representatives as well as Sales & Engineering by generating product requirements; defining specifications based on customer need, defining customer lead time requirements, and influencing pricing practices based on customer feedback.
Bachelor`s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics and three years experience preferred.
- Provide technical product application support
- Translate customer requirements for quotes
- Quote fluid handling products, primarily positive displacement pumps
- Optimize quoting process for fluid handling products
- Influence product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and specifications from a customer problem-resolution perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer care skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Access and Excel, as well as Google Drive and ability to learn enterprise software systems
- Experience troubleshooting products over the phone with customers
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Sanitary Fluid Handling Products (F&B, Pharma, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Associates or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.