Dixon is looking for a Product Engineer to join our team in Chestertown on Maryland`s Eastern Shore.
The Product Engineer will assist with the design and development of new products and the improvement of existing products. Ensures customer requirements are met through parts design, validation testing, and failure analysis. Will also act as a central resource for manufacturing, testing, quality, sales and marketing. Bachelor`s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required and 2-3 years of experience preferred.
- Design and develop products or product families
- Establish test procedures to assure products are fit for use
- Work with internal and external resources to resolve product issues
- Create models and drawings for new designs
- Perform sample inspections from new tooling or new vendors
- Act as the technical resource for assigned product lines- will communicate directly with internal and external customers
- Create assembly instructions
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance
- Compile and furnish necessary information to document design solutions
- Establish, track, and manage design/development project timelines
- Perform basic engineering calculations such as stress analysis and heat transfer to ensure adequacy of a design
- Proficient with SolidWorks or AutoCAD or comparable 3-D modeling program
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings with strong mechanical aptitude
- Advanced understanding of mechanical engineering principles including but not limited to: engineering calculations, measuring and dimensioning, strength and properties of materials, torque, statics and fluid dynamics
- Knowledgeable of quality assurance processes and tools
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, lathes, milling, CNC
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-structured team player
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
2-3 years: Mechanical engineering in a manufacturing environment
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.