Dixon is looking for a Houston based Quality Engineer for its Boss manufacturing operation. Products supported will include Dixon BOSS hose fittings and the Dixon Eagle line of valves. The Quality Engineer will ensure that all company and customer requirements are met. They will draft and implement quality procedures and test plans. They will maintain an ISO and AAR based quality manual. The Quality Engineer will conduct internal audits to check for compliance and look for improvements. They will be the main point of contact for third party audits and be responsible for gaining and maintaining certifications.
- Understand all aspects of the production process and suggest improvements
- Draft quality procedures and forms where necessary
- Maintain current quality manuals, work instructions, and forms
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- May act as an organizational contact for customer concerns and ensure appropriate corrective actions are deployed.
- Communicate quality issues to front line leaders and factory personnel and lead root cause and permanent corrective action documentation.
- Direct the disposition and analysis of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Insure that actions are identified and completed.
- Investigate, establish, and implement requirements for inspection and testing methods, techniques, equipment, and facilities.
- Certify and maintain certifications for welding personnel
- Certify and maintain certifications for NDT personnel
- Conduct internal audits
- Oversee and prepare for third party audits
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications)
- Strong sense of professionalism, customer service skills and a self-starter work ethic
- Knowledge of the valve and/or oil & gas industries
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Industrial Engineering.
Experience with AAR M-1002/3 certification
Experience with initial ISO certification
3-5 years: Quality Engineer
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.