Hydrasearch is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our team on Maryland`s beautiful Eastern Shore in Stevensville, MD. Our quality engineer will work across all our business functions to assure compliance with required specifications and standards flowed down by our customers. We are a critical and essential supplier to the United States military branches where quality is paramount. The ability to work with manufacturing, purchasing, assembly, shipping and engineering as a team is critical to our success. Experience working within an ISO or AS9100 facility is preferred. If youve got the right mind set and work ethic, we would enjoy talking with you.
- Maintain Quality Documentation (test reports, inspection reports, etc.) through our ERP system will be a primary responsibility
- Help disposition Non-Compliant Reports (NCRs)
- Mitigating quality escapes
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Supporting New Product Development with quality requirements and documentation
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Experience preferred with mechanical measurement equipment; height gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, CMM and 3D scanning
- Experience with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Organizational skills
- Competence with working within ERP systems
- Problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Certifications such as ASQ, CQE, Six Sigma required. High level of metrology and GD & T preferred.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
High School or better.
Associates or better.
3-5 years: Experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.