Buck Company is looking for an ambitious Plant Engineer to join its team located in Quarryville, PA. In this role you will take leadership in moving the company forward in the effective use of technology, availability of existing equipment, application of new equipment and overall responsibility for processes and quality performance.
- Manage and maintain KPIs in areas of direct reports
- Focus on continuous improvement in all areas
- Actively promote a safe working environment
- Remain active and project a presence for the company within the industry; participate in industry organizations and maintain connection with competitors; continually use those connections to identify and enact best practices and emerging trends that would impact the Company
- Serve as a technical liaison with suppliers/vendors.
- Remain current on technology and equipment; working with the production management group, research and propose new projects; assure cost effective decisions
- Implement approved projects on a timely basis
- Incorporate a green perspective into projects where sustainable and cost effective
- Find and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for measuring and ensuring the reliability of all production equipment using sound RCM, TPM, and other standard maintenance principles
- Facilitate a continuous move toward more maintenance knowledge documentation, maintenance knowledge transfer, and enhanced communication between employees and shifts regarding equipment status and history
- Facilitate data analysis and problem solving using recognized problem-solving techniques
- Responsible for providing direction on overall equipment performance and improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Requires ability to understand and follow processes
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills to maximize benefits of position.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Must have the ability to lead others, coach and mentor support team for professional growth
- Must have proven troubleshooting, process improvement capabilities and excellent project
- Must have a strong desire to be on the shop floor
- Must have process capability skills
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
High School or better.
5 years: Manufacturing experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.