Dixon is looking for a Data Administrator to join our IT Team in Chestertown, MD!
The primary responsibility of the Database Administrator will be to ensure Point in Time (PiT) recovery of SQL and Oracle databases. The DBA will ensure optimal performance, integrity and security of Dixon databases through continuous monitoring and improvement. This role will also work closely with application engineers to identify, develop and implement Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) solutions.
- Ensure PiT recoverability of enterprise databases by using best practice techniques and constant monitoring.
- Ensure optimal performance and security through implementation of best practices and techniques such as auditing, encryption and regular maintenance..
- Assist developers business intelligence engineers by providing query review, query plan analysis and tracing/ profiling.
- Utilize various tools and methods to automate repeatable ETL processes using a combination of SSIS, T-SQL, Python and REST APIs.
- Utilize SSMS and T-SQL to develop complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources.
- Performance tune ETL and report processes and queries.
- Develop algorithms to find insights from various data analysis techniques to include statistical analysis and machine learning processes.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong T-Sql Skills and experience in developing complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources
- Strong knowledge of Python Pandas and other related Python ETL libraries.
- Familiarity with Python Machine Learning libraries such as Matplotlib, SciKit-Learn, Keras and TensorFlow
- Highly skilled in programs such as Excel, Access, SSMS (to develop SQL queries), Tableau/Power BI (or similar), SSRS/Crystal Reports (or similar)
- Familiarity with TFS (or similar) and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with database design, ETL, and data warehousing concepts
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude, strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Customer service oriented with ability to support at all levels and collaborate to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with manufacturing and/or distribution processes preferred
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Bachelors or better in Applied Mathematics.
Bachelors or better in Business Admin.
Bachelors or better in Economics.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
Bachelors or better in Mathematics.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.