KRM Construction is looking for a Construction Superintendent to join their team in Chestertown, MD! The Superintendents job is to oversee each project from conception to the finished structure, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. Will participate in the conceptual development of construction projects and oversee organization, budgeting, scheduling and implementation. Strong communication, teamwork, and leadership skills required.
- Establish and communicate expected safety standards / expectations
- Work in conjunction with field crews to ensure safety compliance
- Establish project logistics (laydown areas, utilities)
- Have a full understanding of the project
- Assist PM with developing feasible schedule
- Monitor schedule, communicate updates to PM
- Responsible for day to day site management
- Communicates , directs, and schedules sub-contractors
- Constant communication with PM, , schedule reviews / updates, two week look ahead
- Assist PM with progress meeting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required and are subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The Dixon Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company`s policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer all personnel actions, compensation and benefits, without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other factors protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and to all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Must have thorough understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational, presentational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to review and understand construction contracting
- Ability to create subcontractor scopes of work and manage subcontracts
- Understand construction accounting and project budget management
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
3-10 years: Superintendent on new building commercial projects
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.