If youre interested in joining the growing field of industrial automation, then consider joining Dixons Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team in Chestertown, MD where youll learn skills like mechanical design, 3D printing, PLC and Robot programming, electrical design and more.
Responsibilities for this position include managing a fleet of 3D printers and processing print requests, setup and administration of manufacturing-related software and hardware, troubleshooting and other manufacturing support, and manufacturing and test equipment design and construction.
As a member of the Dixon team you will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid time off, paid holiday, 401 (k) plan, health benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- Support Dixons manufacturing efforts by providing troubleshooting assistance to our manufacturing facilities.
- Consult with mechanical and controls engineers during design phase of projects to assist in specifying components.
- Create and modify Siemens, Automation Direct, and Allen Bradley PLC programs.
- Create and modify Robotic programs.
- Configuration and setup of machine vision systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies like machine vision, bin picking, optical inspection, etc.
- Maintain and manage a fleet of 3D printers, and process print requests that are submitted to them.
- Responsibilities may change as employee skills grow or department needs change.
- Good programming practices, specifically PLC and Robot, computer programming to a lesser extent.
- Strong grasp of controls, electrical, fluid power and mechanical concepts.
- Documentation and record keeping (we want records of what we do, and how we do it).
- Work safely.
- Ability to interact with customers (in our case the other departments and divisions of Dixon).
The Dixon Group is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its employees and job applicants to the fullest extent required by applicable law. To that end, personal information will be collected solely for those legitimate business purposes recognized by law, and then maintained in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to document retention requirements. The Dixon Group does not sell personal information to third parties, and does not share such personal information with third parties except when authorized by law to do so (e.g., in response to a lawful subpoena; mandatory tax reporting; etc.)
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Associates or better.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
Technical/other training or better.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.