We are looking for a Vice President and General Manager for our Dixon Brass Division in Westmont, IL! Dixon manufactures and supplies a diverse range of brass fittings for various markets.
The Division Manager will be responsible for directing the overall operations of the business, developing operational and strategic long-range plans, setting goals and sales forecasts, managing staffing and inventory levels, and coaching and developing the team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of executive leadership experience in business development and manufacturing
- Direct the overall operation of business with responsibility for mission, vision and values
- Develop and coach direct reports to meet or exceed specific goals
- Build effective relationships and processes to provide seamless execution of initiatives
- Respond quickly to opportunities to exceed both internal and external customer expectations
- Establish plans for sales, marketing, manufacturing and product development
- Analyze costs, activities, operations, and forecast data to measure the division`s progress toward defined goals
- Position reports to the company President and will participate in regular staff meetings and correspond regularly
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree preferred in business or technical field
- 10+ years of experience in analytical, strategic and executive level decision making
- Strong evidence of success in leadership and team building
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- High level of financial and business acumen with profit & loss experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools
- Demonstrated achievements in development and execution of strategic plans. Must be able to develop operational and strategic plans in conjunction with staff/leadership team in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by The Dixon Group.
The Dixon Group is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its employees and job applicants to the fullest extent required by applicable law. To that end, personal information will be collected solely for those legitimate business purposes recognized by law, and then maintained in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to document retention requirements. The Dixon Group does not sell personal information to third parties, and does not share such personal information with third parties except when authorized by law to do so (e.g., in response to a lawful subpoena; mandatory tax reporting; etc.)
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better.
10 years: Analytical, strategic and executive level decision making
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.