Responsible for preparing detailed custom woodwork blueprints and casework shop drawings from architectural designs for production per specifications. Effectively utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings. Also responsible for serving as a liaison between the office and the shop while working to facilitate the pre-production, production and post-production process for projects manufactured at Joseph A. Interiors. The individual in this position will also act as a representative for Joseph A. Interiors when on a jobsite working with customers and Project Managers with questions or issues.
- Work with other team members, including Estimating, Purchasing and Production, to continually improve the communication process involved in project hand-offs from receipt of the project through the production process.
- Communicate regularly with other departments to keep staff informed of workload, goals and objectives, project results and other information.
- Receive and review project specifications/files from Production Manager and/or PM; receive additional information on project during hand-off process.
- Interpret all project information (files, plans, specifications, hand-off data and standards required.)
Update Team Leader and/or Project Manager on project status on a regular basis; coordinate questions with production/custom wood builders to ensure all project information is received and can be accurately reflected on drawings.
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software (AutoCAD 2016 & Cabinet Vision) to prepare detailed design and production drawings following AWI and JAI standards of construction for all casework and custom products.
Pre-production process, to include:
- Reviewing projects upon award and becoming familiar with scope of work and specifications.
- Reviewing drawings to become familiar with project and to determine what verifications are
- needed and what areas may require special attention.
- Ensuring that project is drawn according to specification. Review details with Production as necessary for value engineering and production process ideas.
- Working with Project Manager to gather material information as needed for Purchasing.
- Reviewing projects with Team Leader/Project Manager upon return of plans following approval or request for re-submission.
- Attending job project handoff meetings and communicating project needs to production and reviewing scope issues at these meetings to ensure everyone is familiar with the project.
Production process, to include:
- Coordinating with appropriate production coordinators to ensure construction requirements can be met.
- Answering engineering questions and finding solutions to problems as they occur and ensure that follow up is handled efficiently and accurately so that projects are not delayed unnecessarily.
- Updating all drawings as revisions occur and ensure that drawing files reflect correct information on what was actually built.
Post-production process, to include:
- Reviewing overall project to learn from project experiences.
- Interacting with and assisting the Team Leader and other team members on a continual basis, incorporating prior experience and drafting knowledge in order to share information and learned experiences.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in Architectural Drafting/Design or business related field, with emphasis on computer drafting.
- Recommended to have experience in custom woodwork drafting; basic knowledge of custom woodwork design construction, standards and installation; knowledge of standard casework, and ability to accurately prepare shop drawings off architectural blueprints.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software (latest version preferred-2016). Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access). Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of AutoCAD designs. Preferred experience with Cabinet Vision software.
- Strong math skills and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision and multi-task with the ability to frequently jump from one assignment to another.
- Must be assertive and achievement-driven, possess high integrity and ethics, and have the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
How To Apply:
We are searching for reliable people that have a strong work ethic, unwavering commitment and a deep passion for producing quality work.
We offer a complete benefit package including paid time off and holidays; health, dental, disability insurance; and a 401K plan with company match. If you would like to join a successful, growing company that customers rave about and employees are proud to be a part of and promote – then come help DeLeers Deliver success!
DeLeers Construction, Inc.