Responsible for performing administrative and other organizational activities for multiple people within the Project Management Team in order to ensure all day-to-day project-related functions flow smoothly. The Project Coordinator will support the Project Management team through the creation, review, and oversight of project budgets and estimates; as well as assisting project teams with various project management tasks.
- Assists Project Managers with all job setup tasks. Includes Timberline job setup, subcontractors and suppliers lists, change management, etc. Prepares new job binders.
- Follows proper procedures for hand-off, job progress and close-out meetings to transfer information for projects to all affected parties.
- Prepares various documents as requested for Project Managers; creates and maintains spreadsheet files, charts, graphs, procedures, etc.
- Develops and updates filing systems within the Project Management department. Organizes, standardizes, and maintains hard copy and electronic files; retrieves information from files when needed.
- Processes change order requests as required. Assists with change orders as needed.
- Issues purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Processes billings.
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log. Reviews submittals for conformance to contract documents. Tracks submittal process timely.
- Processes and logs job project documentation, including transmittals and submittals. Assists in gathering information for submittal drawings and provide transmittals as needed.
- Regularly attends jobsite meetings with Project Managers. Documents jobsite meeting minutes. Conducts project meetings in the absence of a Project Manager.
- Maintains and assists PM with preparation of Weekly Project Update accurately and on time.
- Assists Project Managers with monitoring project schedules to be familiar with flow of projects and provide information for scheduling updates.
- Performs pre-punch list walk thru with Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assists in project closeout process and documentation; archive files as required.
- Participates in Project Management Team meetings to record meeting minutes and ensure appropriate follow-through on action items, etc.
- Implements and assists with training activities specific to project management; preparation of training materials and presentation.
- Works closely with Superintendents and/or Crew Leads to help manage small projects.
- Handles clients’ needs with a sense of urgency. Adapts to different clients individual personalities, needs and wants. Handles miscellaneous owner requests without objection. Understands and exceeds client expectations.
- Identifies quality issues in the field and communicates them accordingly.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related field, and preferably at least two years experience in a construction-related environment.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project). Experience with Timberline and Bluebeam software is highly preferred. Must also possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated and independent, able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and multi-task between administrative, operational and customer contact activities.
- Must be achievement-driven and possess the initiative to proactively approach problem solving. Possess the ability to work diplomatically under stressful conditions and pressure.
- Working knowledge of the basic materials used in the construction industry.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural blueprints/drawings and specifications.
How To Apply:
We are searching for reliable people that have a strong work ethic, unwavering commitment and a deep passion for producing quality work.
We offer a complete benefit package including paid time off and holidays; health, dental, disability insurance; and a 401K plan with company match. If you would like to join a successful, growing company that customers rave about and employees are proud to be a part of and promote – then come help DeLeers Deliver success!
DeLeers Construction, Inc.