Primary responsibilities are to generate new sales and expand existing customer base. The Business Development Associate will also be prospecting, scheduling meetings, closing deals, negotiating contracts, building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships, and regularly conduct business at construction job sites.
The Business Development Associate is expected to: maximize results by systematically managing an Account Plan driven to produce by increasing sales to existing accounts, work the DeLeers System for the customer, educate the customer through structured training, promote customer relations by soliciting feedback and respond to the customer at any hour.
- Actively prospects, contacts, influences, and supports new business development. Identifies prospective customers by effectively following leads.
- Serves as a primary point of contact with prospective builders. Conducts quality sales account meetings. Quality meetings are defined as meetings that move the buying process forward and are indicated by a clear commitment objective and substantial notes outlining the outcome of the meeting and conveying the next activity that must be scheduled.
- Focuses on new customer/client acquisitions targeting key areas and clientele in accordance with the business plan in order to drive results and meet established goals. Depending on sales volume, a high percentage of meetings should be with prospects and infrequent buyers.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with existing customers. Effectively matches the best solutions to current and prospective customer needs by listening carefully and taking the time to thoroughly understand customers’ issues. Executes needs assessment for customers and prospects through probing questions, proper research and utilizing all resources available.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner while facilitating, negotiating, coordinating, and closing of construction sales.
- Handles all customer and prospect requests in a timely and professional manner and uses all internal resources to resolve any challenges ensuring a “very satisfied” customer
- Works closely with drafters/designers to develop plans to satisfy prospects’ and customers’ needs and presents solutions to prospects and customers. Provides complete and accurate information in a neat, concise and readable format.
- Has a degree or is pursuing a degree in sales, marketing, business or related field, and/or at least 5+ years of experience in sales.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a sales role in a construction-related industry. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships. Proven selling ability with emphasis on building and maintaining business relationships and applying negotiation skills.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to immediately educate the client on what you and the company bring to the project, and close the sale.
- Knowledge of and skills in computer usage and industry-associated (drafting/design, project management, scheduling, sales tracking) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to respond and “turn on a dime” in a sometimes fluid and demanding world.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to continuous improvement in:
- Phone or in-person communication
- Strive for excellence in spelling and grammar
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must have a professional persona and appearance.
How To Apply:
We are searching for reliable people that have a strong work ethic, unwavering commitment and a deep passion for producing quality work.
We offer a complete benefit package including paid time off and holidays; health, dental, disability insurance; and a 401K plan with company match. If you would like to join a successful, growing company that customers rave about and employees are proud to be a part of and promote – then come help DeLeers Deliver success!
DeLeers Construction, Inc.