See all jobs in Wichita KS
Click Here to Apply for this position
Job Location: Wichita, KS
The Executive Director will have overall accountability for the development and execution of the strategic plan for the Workforce Innovation Center. The Executive Director will provide leadership and direction for the organizations employment and training initiatives, program development and implementation in support of our mission by growing employment opportunities for people who are blind and visually impaired. In addition, the role will provide management and governance of workforce development protocols, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in education, business or related public administration required.
- Masters in Public Administration, or related field preferred.
- Five plus years of workforce development experience including administration of training programs and supervisory experience in workforce development
- Five years experience with not for profit entities
- Proven experience in working with remote teams with like and disparate functions and tasks within unique and diverse geographies.
- Strong marketing, public relations and resource development experience with proven ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills with the ability to bring together collaborative groups.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coach and develop high performance teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive project management skills with an ability to prioritize objectives to meet critical timelines
- Team player who leads by example, motivates others to work collaboratively and is accountable for their actions
- Strong in attention to detail and timely delivery
- Action oriented who possesses an innovative approach to business planning and execution
Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Travel required (up to 30%)
- Leadership and Management Identify, hire, train and lead a disparate and technically diverse workforce while maintaining a consistent stream of communication, action and approvals within a matrix reporting structure. Manages contracts, WIC charter and quality improvement process.
- Political and Legislative Represents the WIC to federal, state and city policy makers. Monitors the political climate as it relates to provisions and legislation surrounding the training and employment of people who are blind and/or visually impaired (i.e. Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, Federal and State Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment & Career Placement).
- Systems and Technology Management of accessible technology processes and systems, workflows and various related projects. Responsible for the development and implementation of a process that supports the creation of jobs in the area of technology for people who are blind and/or visually impaired.
- Resource Development and Communications identify and establish internal and external resources that will enhance the Companys ability to execute on division initiatives, and communicate at a high level to meet executive demands.
- Planning and Business Development Identify, cultivate, assimilate and establish new partnerships and collaborations for the purposes of training, certification, funding (revenue) and job development. Leads workforce development planning initiatives consistent with the mission and strategic plan. Organizes outreach efforts to ensure sustainability of programs and funding for WIC.
- Financial Management and Fiscal Compliance responsible for the overall budget and funding process for the WIC. Ensure the financial viability of the company is managed and reported monthly. Provide direct leadership to staff and volunteers of the WIC to ensure cascading and alignment of goals.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
Vision Requirements Include Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 1
- Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
- Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied. Apply Now (opens in new window)
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer
Envision, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all people in every aspect of consideration for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, religion or creed, sex/gender, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disabled status, age, disability/handicap, medical condition (CA), genetic information, marital status (most States), sexual orientation (CA & CO), or any other legally protected characteristics (collectively, “legally protected characteristics”). Envision, Inc. Employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. You may direct questions or concerns to the Vice President of Human Resources & Administration (316) 440-1503, or the Director of Human Resources at (316) 425-7106. This policy has the support by Michael J. Monteferrante, the Chief Executive of our organization.