See all jobs in Wichita KS
Click Here to Apply for this position
Job Location: Wichita, KS
The Vice President of Information Technology (VP/IT) will have overall accountability to set the enterprise technology and architectural standards, blueprints and roadmaps to support Envisions strategic information technology direction. This requires coordination and integration of applications, infrastructure, data and processes to facilitate and support the improvement of Envisions technology and resources. The VP/IT will oversee the design, development and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure systems. Direct and mange IT plans, schedules, policies and programs for an organizations data processing, network communications, business operations, computer services and management information systems, according to established goals and objectives. In addition, the role will provide management, leadership, and governance to the IT department; establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinate managers and supervisors as appropriate. This role will also be accountable for the recurring operational budget of the IT department and support corporate strategy by ensuring stable and reliable delivery of these services
- Demonstrate success in progressive enterprise level IT leadership roles within large, complex, matrixed enterprises.
- Build, manage, and mentor the IT team.
- Lead teams of highly skilled individual contributors.
- Leadership and management skills in leading internal operational teams, contingent/contract workers, as well as relationship management and oversight on services rendered by strategic partners and service providers.
- Be continuous improvement orientated and capable of driving efficiencies into an operational environment.
- Coordinate amongst the other business units and other departments to assure that infrastructure needs are being met.
- Implement new approved infrastructure projects and manage the IT team in bringing new technologies into production use.
- Own and implement a capacity planning process that keeps our systems infrastructure ahead of our traffic growth.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred
- 15+ years of leadership experience, supporting an enterprise IT environment.
- Notable experience designing and implementing enterprise architectures in a shared services environment.
- Experience with architecture strategy, governance, compliance, development, and execution.
- Expertise in IT best practices, methodologies, and governance.
- Experience leading the successful design and adoption of enterprise wide architectural standards.
Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines. Key Responsibilities/ Essential functions include
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of IT components.
- Strong proficiency in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment.
- Strong leadership qualities with ability to motivate and influence others
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand, advocate and support the enterprise business and IT strategies through the development of a long-range strategic technology roadmap.
- Serve as key conduit for business and IT teams to evolve the IT function to develop and maintain processes and services designed to keep ongoing alignment with goals and strategies of the overall organization.
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business objectives and drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements. Also accountable for the defining the standards and processes for quantifying IT enabled business solutions.
- Analyze external IT influences such as new technologies, desired changes in technology standards, changes in strategic direction and regulatory requirements to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise and IT operations.
- Provide leadership in the promotion of enterprise-wide applications and minimizing utilization of new custom or single use applications.
- Provide thought leadership to ensure that IT lifecycle management and strategic business requirements are continuously aligned.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the Information Technology organization.
- Lead complex business opportunities to fruition through creation and implementation of an enterprise business/technology roadmap.
- Develop and foster high quality relationships with all levels of the enterprise.
Vision Requirements Include Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
- Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 1
- Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 1
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
- Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
- Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied. Apply Now (opens in new window)
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer
Envision, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all people in every aspect of consideration for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, religion or creed, sex/gender, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disabled status, age, disability/handicap, medical condition (CA), genetic information, marital status (most States), sexual orientation (CA & CO), or any other legally protected characteristics (collectively, “legally protected characteristics”). Envision, Inc. Employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. You may direct questions or concerns to the Vice President of Human Resources & Administration (316) 440-1503, or the Director of Human Resources at (316) 425-7106. This policy has the support by Michael J. Monteferrante, the Chief Executive of our organization.